UCI Discipline-Specific Accreditation
UCI is a member of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). The campus is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). This accreditation requires periodic review in accord with WSCUC policies and standards. UCI is pleased to participate in these comprehensive reviews as one way to demonstrate our commitment to 1) student learning and success; 2) quality and improvement; and 3) institutional integrity, sustainability, and accountability. Further information is available through the Office of Academic Planning and at the WSCUC website.
- The undergraduate degree program of the Department of Chemistry is accredited by the American Chemical Society.
- Credential programs of the School of Education are approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- Undergraduate majors in Aerospace Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Materials Science Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET. Computer Science and Engineering also is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET. The undergraduate major in Biomedical Engineering Premedical is not designed to be accredited; therefore, it is not accredited by ABET. Annual student enrollment and graduation data per major can be found at: https://datahub.oapir.uci.edu/
- The master’s degree program in Genetic Counseling is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Genetic Counseling, which has been approved by the American Board of Genetic Counseling.
- UCI’s School of Law is accredited by the American Bar Association.
- The Paul Merage School of Business is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- The M.D. program of the School of Medicine is accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education.
- Baccalaureate and master’s degrees in the Sue and Bill Gross School of Nursing Science are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. The pre-licensure RN program and the nurse practitioner program are approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- The Program in Public Health, including its baccalaureate, master’s, and Ph.D. programs in Public Health, is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health.
- UCI’s Master of Urban and Regional Planning program is accredited by the Planning Accreditation Board.